Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Finishing the Records

A quick cap off of my projected records since the season is sneaking up on us quicker than I realized.

Chicago Bears 9-7
Detroit Lions 3-12
Green Bay Packers 11-5
Minnesota Vikings 8-8

The Bears adding Cutler was a nice story for them, but they lack enough weapons for him to lead the team through the division, and the Vikes may have the "best back in the league" but ultimately, I think it's the Packers and their potent offense that'll take the North.


Atlanta Falcons 8-8
Carolina Panthers 8-8
New Orleans Saints 11-5
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2-14

All of the South faces a pretty rough schedule this year. I don't really like putting the Falcons and Panthers at 8-8 each, but looking at the schedule, I really can't do better. The Saints have the best chance to take the division this year with their potent offense, and a defense that amazingly looks dramatically improved from last year. I can't the bucs doing anything other than a tailspin.


Arizona Cardinals 7-9
San Francisco 49ers 9-7
Seattle Seahawks 6-10
St. Louis Rams 1-15

No homer. Honestly. Looking at the matchups, trying without any bias, this is what I expect from the West. I think Warner is going to struggle this year, and we'll be seeing Leinart again sooner than later. The Niners are going smashmouth with Gore, and with Hill managing the passing game, they should be able to pile up a respectable amount of wins-- even if they would end up going absolutely nowhere in the playoffs. The Seahawks aren't a terrible team, but they really need to get their house in order. I honestly believe they'll do better next year, but not this one. The Rams, however, ARE a terrible team.


My Super Bowl prediction?
Chargers 24
Saints 27
Won in the final seconds of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment